Application | JHCTECH's In-Vehicle Computing Unit Supports ADAS Open Road Data Collection
In recent years, the automotive industry has been rapidly developing, paving the way for many innovations and new trends. With the rapid increase in consumer demand for high-performance cars, commercial vehicles with autonomous driving are gradually gaining recognition in the market. Safety is the most critical factor in the development process of autonomous vehicles. According to statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in the United States, driver error accounted for 94% of traffic accidents, with identification errors being the most common cause. Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) is one of the key active safety systems for vehicles, closely related to the vehicle power system, brake system, and steering system. ADAS vehicle control system requires high reliability. Using such advanced driver assistance systems will help to reduce traffic accidents, injuries, and deaths thanks to human error avoidance. Therefore, road testing of ADAS controllers' functions and performance is essential.
Automotive testing and functional evaluation is the most important part of confirming and improving smart driving functions, and its importance does not require any explanation. Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) is one of the fastest-growing safety applications in intelligent networked vehicles, using a combination of sensors, cameras, and displays to provide a larger driver visual range and respond to dangerous situations in case of driver negligence. Recently, the open road data collection system jointly created by JHCTECH and China Automotive Research Institute has been successfully applied in a city in western China.
Customer Application Requirements
To achieve high-sync acquisition, intelligent monitoring of experimental processes, efficient data processing, and generation of accurate analysis reports, we need a powerful, stable, and precise data acquisition system unit. This hardware system will support fast and accurate recognition of ADAS test scenarios. The system should present the following features:
- Adoption of high-performance processor, support for AI inference card, and open system platform to efficiently process in-vehicle perception data information with low latency.
- Richly expandable IO interfaces can connect to various sensor devices and communicate with the test vehicle's bus.
- Multiple and large capacity storage options, separate system disk and data disk, using automotive-grade solid-state storage, and data disk supports RAID0/1 functionality to protect data security.
- Wide voltage power supply with reverse connection, over-current, and over-voltage protections complying with the mobile vehicle's complex power supply environment.
- Designed with shock-absorbing chassis to improve shock and impact resistance, which is a must for in-vehicle use.
Related Product Application
To operate ADAS efficiently, the system's sensors, cameras, software, lighting, and audio components must be thoroughly tested so that they can quickly identify obstacles and defects and take appropriate measures. The ADAS testing system must be flexible enough to test passive or active systems, alarm mechanisms, and safety features without interfering with the driver's driving as well as parking tasks.
This project uses JHCTECH BRAV-7601 equipped as follows:
- Intel® Comet Lake 10th-Gen CPU series processors, 8 cores,16 threads.
- CAN 2.0 and CAN-FD can be expanded up to 16 channels
- 6 Ethernet ports, two of them are POE;
- 4-way serial ports;
- 8-way cameras;
- 2*1T solid-state storage (expandable)
- 4G LTE, WIFI6, and high-precision BDS or GPS.
BRAV-7601 Product Feature
- Intel® Comet lake 10th-Gen Celeron/Pentium/Core™ i9/i7/i5/i3 CPU
- Aluminum rectangular profile shell, active and passive combined with dual temperature control fan heat dissipation design
- 3*2.5G-LAN+4*Gig-LAN with POE Gigabit network
- 3*M.2 supports Gig+WiFi6, 4G LTE, 5G NR and other wireless modules
- 4*COM, 16-bit isolated DIO, Mini PCIe optional support 4*CAN-FD and high-precision BDS/GPS
- 1*MXM3.1 (PCIeX16 signal), supports all MXM GPU modules and AI accelerator cards with power consumption below 190W on the market
- DC9~36V wide voltage power supply, with reverse connection, over-current, and over-voltage protection;
- Optional shock-absorbing chassis mounting parts, strong shock resistance.
Learn more about BRAV-7601 series